Babylon overrides Internet Explorer
I can't get rid of Babylon - it randomly overrides IE as search engine.
I don't kow how the program got on my computer.
I have deleted the program, reset IE as my search engine and disabled Babylon as a search engine option but it still randomly takes over.
The program isn't showing as an installed program anymore and IE always shows as my only search engine. Babylon continues to show up on my list of search providers - I've disabled it but when I try to delete it, deleting it isn't an option.
How do I get rid of it?
From other post:
When I first started trying to get rid of this thing, I checked the list of add-ons and it wasn't on it but when I went to the search provider tab, it was on the list and I disabled it from there.
I right clicked and tried to delete it from the list but
that option wasn't an 'active' action.
Before I disabled it, Babylon would always take over as the search engine but even though it shows it is disabled now, it still pops up at random times and takes over as the search engine.
Obviously the file is still in the computer somewhere but where could
It's the kind of thing that makes me very uncomfortable...
Anwsers to the Problem Babylon overrides Internet Explorer
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Babylon overrides Internet Explorer:
How to Fix Babylon overrides Internet Explorer with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Tech Support: Associating H2s with Table Captions?,Tech Support: Arrays for defining the \"Find_Text\" criteria of the Search function,How to Fix Error - backgroung comes black everytime i set something for background.help me.?,[Solved] attach dates in excel to a stock programe,Troubleshoot:Background color problem with sticky notes Error,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?