background shading when copying
How do you make the tiles that you highlight when you want to copy something on a spreadsheet appear as a color instead of just a clear background? When I select something, it is just a clear box around those tiles, and I want it to be colored so I know
what I have highlighted.
Anwsers to the Problem background shading when copying
We need to point out that the referenced post suggests editing the registry (never recommended, unless youknow what you are doing and accept the risks).
The end result, while altering the highlight color of selected cells, actually changes them to
solid black, which may be a undesirable as the original issue.
The original poster in that link, which happens to be Brightner, clearly states that, regarding the registry change:
"We can get only black color instead of white color for selected items in excel 2007.Tried changing the decimal values to different, unable to get any other color except black.I am not happy with this fix & as I have a workaround
to get only 2 colors.
I need an option to change more colors."
The other "fix" does not change the highlight color of the selected cells.
Microsoft MVP - Excel (2006 - 2010)
If any post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer (so it won't keep showing as an open item.)
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: background shading when copying:
How to Fix background shading when copying with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Tech Support: back up files converted to PBD,[Anwsered] Are there any plans to include Firewire support with XP Mode and Windows 7?,Fast Solution to Error: Azure Tools 1.2 for Visual Studio stability hotfix from connect.microsoft.com,Automate drawing a circle around cell [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:AutoComplete entries not displayed for Username field although values are present in registry.,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?