Are there any features which are supported only in MS Word 2010 and 2013 but not in 2007 version?
I wanted to upgrade to the 2013 version of MS Office and MS Word is a frequently used program so just want to know.
Do the MS Word 2013 files have a different extension as well?
Solutions to the Problem Are there any features which are supported only in MS Word 2010 and 2013 but not in 2007 version?
Considerable changes in the graphics engine were made between Word 2007 and 2010.
Word 2007 removed the ability to use AutoComplete for AutoText entries; this was restored in Word 2010.
The Shift+F5 (GoBack) command, to return to the last edit point on opening a saved document, does not work in Word 2007 but does in Word 2010.
The content controls introduced in Word 2007 did not include a check box control; this was added in Word 2010.
It was intended to ship Office 2007 with native PDF creation capability.
At the last minute, this was removed and became available only as a separate download (though I think this was later added to a service pack).
It is native in Office 2010, and Word
2013 adds the ability to open and edit PDFs.
There were a number of changes to the UI in Word 2010 (specifically the "backstage"), but they don't affect backward compatibility or interoperability.
Word 2007, 2010, and 2013 all use the same file extensions (.docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm), but each later version recognizes files from the earlier versions and opens them in Compatibility Mode.
Word 2013 introduces several new features.
For the official Microsoft (marketing) poop, see
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Are there any features which are supported only in MS Word 2010 and 2013 but not in 2007 version?:
How to Fix Are there any features which are supported only in MS Word 2010 and 2013 but not in 2007 version? with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Automatic update of file location in the header\/footer? [Anwsered],[Solution] are there reminders on nitebook,Backup not recognized at all, files are still there.,Fast Solution to Error: Arrow keys moves the scroll bar while playing flash games.,[Solved] Auto-populate with different characters in the middle of the text?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?