Downloading of Software disappears
For the past few months whenever I go to download softward from the internet or download a pdf file, they never show up. I get the download status window and it tells me that it is complete, but I always either download to my desktop or my documents and
nothing ever shows up. I even do a search for the file and windows vista tells me it does not exist. This is getting very irritating and hoping that coming to this forum helps. I am not sure if it is a some setting that has changed or what. Looking forward
to any help.
Anwsers to the Problem Downloading of Software disappears
For the past few months whenever I go to download softward from the internet or download a pdf file, they never show up. I get the download status window and it tells me that it is complete, but I always either download to my desktop or my documents
and nothing ever shows up. I even do a search for the file and windows vista tells me it does not exist.
Work through these procedures- test after each step:
Clear the Temporary Internet Files (Internet Options> General> Browsing History> Delete etc
See if a browser add-on is causing the problem.
In particular, look for a download manager/accelerator (something like DAP/Download Accelerator Plus or SpeedBit.)
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop.
Choose Start without add-ons.
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
With the warning that a reset will delete AutoComplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
IE PassView- NirSoft:
What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
Try clean boot troubleshooting to see if a third-party program is causing the problem (security program, firewall, etc.)
Vista / Windows 7:
Hope this helps,
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Downloading of Software disappears
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Downloading of Software disappears:
How to Fix Downloading of Software disappears with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 18.104.22.16828,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.22.214.171.12433,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.126.96.36.19947,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Do I need to keep both Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 Service Packs on my computer?,Downloading Quicktime and itunes [Solved],Troubleshooter of Error: Does data connection close database session?,How to Fix Problem - Does a Windows 7 Installer Cleanup Utility exist??,Downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 8.1 Tech Support,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)